Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Curve Balls

Tonight our little family of four (fur baby included!) headed to a local baseball game.  The company was friendly and furry as it was Bark in the Park.  Baby M had a lovely time looking at all the dogs and answering with "Wow-wow" when asked "What does the doggy say?"  Don't worry, I also explained the game to Matthew and kept him updated on runs, errors, and different plays.  After M's second meltdown, we called it a night and left the game.  We had a fun time and Brooklynne loved seeing, sniffing, and licking the other dogs.

At this baseball game, one of the coaches became upset with a call and began yelling at the umpire.  It got me thinking to all the curve balls that have been thrown my way and how many "umpires" I've yelled at because of it.  Let me be honest, the challenges I've faced in my life are fairly minor, but challenges none the less, and I suppose it's all relative.  I just think to a few years ago when I was in college and so uncertain about what the future would bring.  I could have never predicted that I would be here, with both the bad and good that life has thrown my way.  It just amazes me.  It makes me realize that even though I have a picture of what the next five years might look like, it's probably not going to be anything like what I imagine.  The thing that I am beginning to realize is that despite the curve balls, there's always a positive outcome, no matter who teeny tiny it is.   For example, tonight after the coach yelled at the blue, the crowd started clapping (i don't know why), but it caused baby M to start clapping and squeal with delight.  He didn't know why the crowd was clapping, but it inspired him to clap, thus look and act extremely adorable.  I know that might seem like a stretch to have a positive outcome, but it's going to be a goal of mine.  I'm going to try my hardest to find the good in every situation, have a better attitude.  So, when I get another curve ball, I'll be ready, with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment